My phone vibrated.
Three times.
The usual. "His heart stopped beating. He's with the Lord." No.
It wasn't true. It couldn't be true. My eyes watered but I wiped them away.
"Is something wrong?" my friend asked. I shook my head. No there wasn't. The text message couldn't be true.
But it was true. And the truth is, we all will leave this earth soon. It's a fact. We pass away. But Victor couldn't.
It didn't make sense. I had prayed for so long for him. He couldn't have died. He shouldn't have. The whole church
prayed for him. WHY. Why did God take him away from me? Every night I recited my prayer for him.
"Oh God of compassion. Touch my brother victor, because you are a God that can heal. You are a savior that can move moutains. I pray that you restore his life and let him feel alive once again. I pray that you heal him, so your glory may be revealed. So people may think of you in awe and say, wow, what a God. I pray you take him home, where he can worship You with us as a family again. Amen"
Was it in vain? Those prayers that we uttered in desperation that our Savior may heal him? That's what I felt when I recieved the news. I had seen God answer prayers before. I saw them when my friends received salvation, and when doors were opened for them to come to church. But why not Victor?
I went to church that night. I couldn't cry. I didn't want to show people how much I was grieving inside. There were occasional tears, yes. I couldn't cry. That night was a different night. I understand why God didn't let my friends come that night. I had invited Alexandra, Justin, Michelle, and Karo to church that night. But this was a different night. This night we had to grieve for the loss of our brother. One by one, members of the church, young and old, friends and strangers, came and shared their feelings.
That's when I realized. God answered every single prayer I had lifted up to Him about victor. "God I pray you restore his life and let him feel alive once again." Victor accepted Christ in October, when he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. He understood life was short and he needed a savior. He needed Jesus Christ.
"God I pray that your glory may be revealed so people will say, WOW, what a God." I had pictured God's glory being revealed only upon Victors recovery. But I was wrong. God's glory was revealed throughout Victors last pages of his life. God's glory shone bright when Victor clung onto God's promises and prayed for those who were suffering, though he was suffering. God's glory shone bright, when the church knew God was a mighty God, and both young and old came together in prayer. God's glory shone bright when doctors told us that victor wouldn't last it for more than a month, but he lived for 9 months so that he may be an example of how WE should live our lives, as if everyday could be our last.
"God I pray that you bring victor home, so he may worship with us as a family."
Victor died on the 23th of July. He lost too much blood going through an organ transplant.
Victor now is in heaven. Victor is worshiping 24/7.
Victor is home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment