Saturday, August 15, 2009

Beauty in the Broken

God will never be everything in your life...until He is the only thing you have.

It's dark here. I'm scared. I'm hurt and pained; searing emotions. Hate and vengeance offer me salvation. It's dark here. I'm scared.

But I'm holding on. With the help of my pride. With the help of my friends. With the help of my distractions I have a floor to stand on. These saviors are supporting me. They're keeping me alive...immune to the hurt.

But Jesus Christ is a jealous savior. He wants my all. He doesn't want to share glory with my other saviors. He IS worthy. He beckons me. I can already smell it. Smell the promises of love and hope. The promises of joy and peace. I know in my heart His promises will remain. He is faithful.

But I have to let go of my other saviors. I have to let the floor of my pride, my friends, and my distractions cease to exist. And once my floor gives way I'll have to cling on to God and look to Him.

Oh how I tremble with the thought of that. How little faith I have. I know as soon as my floor breaks away I'll look around at the vortex that threatens to eat me. I'll turn my eyes away from God for a split second and sea the waves crashing around me and I'll began to sink like Peter did.
But I need to be broken. It's the only way the Lord will be my everything.

Lord. Help me keep my eyes on you.
I'm ready.
Break me.

No comments:

Post a Comment